Sunday 29 May 2011

Day 6 Sunday

Hello there everybody, thanks for the postings, the girls especially look forward to reading your comments! If you want to post, you will be asked to register, but you simply need to give some basic information so that when you post a comment, we will know who it is from. Today we went to a Nicaraguan church, Hosanna Sur, right by the school we are working at and worshipped in Spanish. I'm sure the girls will share something about that, then this afternoon we went to the Pacific Ocean. It is now around 6 PM here and we have the evening to relax, and even I'm giving them a night off from talking! Now it's their turn to share--Jake

So today was the beach and it was amazing. The weather was perfect and we got to play a soccer game with some boys from here. We had an awesome day!
-Tessa

Soccer on the beach. Enough said.
loved it
-Anya

Today we got to go to the beach and play soccer against a bunch of local boys and somehow I managed to score a goal and it was the most exciting thing ever! Of course I got a sun burn again even though I've been putting on sunblock! The food was really good too. It was a great day!
- Katherine

I finally got a decent tan today :). The beach was amazing and so was playing soccer with some local boys. We also got to meet our guide/ translator's wife and step son. He was super adorable and played soccer with us also. The church service this morning was painfully long this morning but we all managed to survive somehow.
- Annelies
P.S HI RICKY RICARDO! miss you Pops! Tell Terrance I say Helloo

So I'll never complain that Pastor Jake's services are too long again. This mornings service was 2 hours and 15 minutes. Add to that, not understanding the language and deathly hot and humid temperatures. Enough said. Unbelievably, the Pastor was in a suit and tie! I did recognise a number of the tunes though :)
The beach was great. We kept a close eye on the girls, as did all the other men/boys on the beach....
Before I sign off, one more comment about yesterday's Zip lining. Moms, when you see pictures of your girls hanging upside down, or flying through the air like superman, they have been doctored, I swear! If you don't believe that, in my defense, I did tell them that I thought they were nuts!
Love to all. Katie, only 4 more sleeps and we will be home :) Tell Daddy and Terrance that we miss them too.
Back to work tomorrow :)
- Caroline

to sum things up a bit, it was a good day and I'm reminded that even when we are somewhere and don't speak the local language, worshipping God still happens! Worship is an international language and doesn't depend on us, but on the Holy Spirit working in us and our hearts and leading us to worship God with all our brothers and sisters. It felt a little bit like heaven today in Hosanna Sur!
-Jake

2 comments:

  1. Lea, This is my 8th attempt to comment on this blog. This morning I was so upset that I cried, and called Dad at work. I told him that you are going to think I don't care.... Not True I am inept though... the Picture of RHODA is mine that was the only picture in Dad's computer that I could find.... Maybe secretly he wishes I looked like her. HAHA! Well even with that picture and that I am a follower I still could not post a comment!!! Auntie Gerrie told me that you were extremely brave as none of her boys ever did this. Ha HA.I read the comments everyday and somewhere in cyberspace I have sent you messages that I love you and I am very proud of you. I pray for you and your team every morning and I ask God to bless you and for you to be a blessing there. Love you my sweet LeeLee
    Mom AKA Mandrake AKA Rhoda Morgensteern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine a service in a language other than your mother tongue tobe "that long". You should be thankful of Pastor Jake's sermons!!! (by the way, Pastor Jake, you should be proud of our council. They did anabsolutely wonderful job with service. Everyone from council participated inthe service. It was very meaningful). Dominée VanderVeen did a wonderful job!!) Don't get the wrong impression though Pastor Jake, we / I am very much lookingforward to hearing you preach again.



    I LOVE THE PICTURES !!!! I believe I saw one of the "competitionand competitiveness" between some of you girls.



    We love and miss you all and our prayers are continually with you all. Please do enjoy your remaining last days while you can. If it's any consolation,tomorrow (finally good weather), it is supposed to be 32 C. With the humidity,it will feel like 42 C !!!!!! Yikes, welcome to New Delhi !!



    Love,

    Marie-Josee & Stephen (we miss you alot Anya !!)

    ReplyDelete

The Foot-washer - John 13:1-17

                             It’s just before the Passover, the feast that reminded Israel that their God is a God who protects, who prov...